Perennial Production & Customer Service Position- this position is filled
Claussen's Perennial Farm is looking for seasonal Full-Time perennial enthusiasts to join our team!
Do you enjoy assisting customers choose the perfect perennial for their location or based on sun light and/or bloom time? Can you work both independently and as team? Do you have previous work experience & knowledge of perennials? If so, this positions is perfect for you!
We are looking for qualified candidates to assist in all aspects of Perennial production, care, customer sales.
Candidates will be involved in (but not limited to) plant maintenance, production, and sales. All candidates must be willing to assist customers during the plant purchases, assist with questions, retail sales (cash register) and loading customer vehicles. Previous Perennial experience is highly recommended. Customer services experience is also preferred but not mandatory. Being able to work independently when needed and as a team is essential. The right candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and lift a least 35 pounds.
- 1+ year previous work experience and/or education in the horticulture field, preferably with perennials.
- Basic care, maintenance and plant identification of Perennials & Shrub plant varieties
- Plant care knowledge
- Use of fertilizer, herbicide, pesticides etc.
- Understand methods of pruning and transplanting
- Understand plant watering needs
Basic care, maintenance and plant identification of Annual/Houseplant/Seasonal Crop knowledge is recommended but not mandatory.
This can be a very physical position and involves all aspects of plant maintenance and production including, but not limited to:
- Moving plants
- Transplanting plants
- Watering plants
- Propagation & Seeding
- Pulling customer orders
- Filing production containers
- This is a fast-paced, very physically job that requires
- The ability to stand and work on your feet all day
- Ability to lift up to 35+ lbs.
- Adaptability to extreme fluctuating temperatures (both indoors and outdoors)
- 5 days a week (40+ hours)
- At least 1 weekend day is required for all candidates
- Overtime available
Compensation: Hourly wages will be determined based on previous work experience & plant knowledge.
- Employee discount- 20% off plants, pottery & hard goods.