Grower Assistant Position- this position is filled
We are looking for a seasonal full-time experienced candidate to assist our Grower and Watering team.
Candidates will be involved in all aspects of plant growth, and maintenance, but mostly concentrating on daily watering.
To provide the highest quality plant material, our job is to control all inputs into the greenhouse system. Plant knowledge and previous work experience in handling, growing, and caring for ornamental plant material is required for all applicants of this position.
We are looking for candidates that are enthusiastic about the horticulture, willing to learn new techniques, doesn’t mind long days of watering and moving plant material. The successful applicant must be outgoing and enjoy working independently and as team. Some customer service is required while working in our retail greenhouses.
- 1+ years’ work experience in the horticulture field and/or education
- Ability to identify and inspect plant growth and maintenance.
- Knowledge of plant varieties, basic care, identifying quality issues, diseases, and pests.
- Great work ethics, willingness to learn and cross train.
- Ability and willingness to be cross trained in multiple areas of the business to accommodate seasonal demands.
This is a very physical job that requires
- Ability to work in adverse greenhouse conditions, with hot and cold temperatures (indoors and outdoors).
- Ability to lift up to 35+ lbs.
- Ability to work and stand on your feet all day.
Position: Seasonal Full-Time position, position runs through July/August
- 5 day work week (40+) hours.
- Minimum of 1 weekend day is required.
- This position runs through August; however, it has the potential to stay on through the Fall season.
Start Date: mid- end March 2023
*Hourly wages will vary based on previous work experience.
- Employee discount- 20% off plants, pottery & hard goods.